Our events raise awareness about melanoma, and they’re great fun!
melanomaWA creates fun events:
- to raise awareness about melanoma; and
- to give the community an opportunity to support our very important mission to reduce the impact of melanoma in our community.
As a non-profit organisation, and without government assistance, we rely on the generosity of the community to ensure that we continue to reach our goals.
Our major events include:
2018 Mission for melanomaWA: Friday 24th – Saturday 25th August
The Mission for melanomaWA is a 2 day, off road event along the Kep Track through the beautiful John Forrest National Park. Would you ride 100 miles or walk a marathon for melanomaWA?… read more
2018 Thrifty WA melanomaWA Diamond Charity Ball: Saturday 27th October
This is our signature event, our ‘Night of Nights’ to celebrate 10 years of melanomaWA. The night promises to be an action-packed evening of fun and entertainment… read more
2018 Team melanomaWA – Busselton IRONMAN: Sunday 2nd December
Skin Check WA Team melanomaWA has again been named the Official Charity Partner of the 2018 Busselton IRONMAN. Calling all competitors who want to make a difference to join us… read more
Melanoma March 2019
melanomaWA Will again team up with the Melanoma Institute of Australia and Australia Melanoma Research Foundation to minimise the impact of melanoma on all Australian and will be hosting Melanoma March events in WA… read more
Funds that we raise help us to:
- provide support for people who have been diagnosed with melanoma. This support is extended to their family, friends and carers.
- go into the community and educate as many people as possible about melanoma prevention.
- keep melanoma topical so that melanoma prevention is underpinning people’s daily activities.
Create your own event: You can show your support by taking part in one of our fun annual events or you can create your own event to benefit melanomaWA, big or small, which names melanomaWA as the beneficiary.
We are always on the look out to improve the way we conduct our events, so if you have a great idea that you would like to share with us, please call us on 9322 1908 or email email@example.com.
We value everybody’s input.